j'adore fabulosity

Fabulous is as Fabulous Does

Fabulous is...

Personal. Fabulousness is being unique and individual and not giving two cares about what anyone else thinks or feels about who you are. Being fab is more than just what you where or how you look. It transcends the physical and consists of completeness: not only looking great, but also feeling great and being great. Being fabulous is about swag. Crazy swag. You have it or you don't.

...As Fabulous Does

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left" -Marilyn Monroe

Love Vs. Money

This one is bound to bring controversy but I just gotta say it. So recently I've been listening to The Dream Love Vs. Money Album specifically the tracks Love Vs. Money and Love Vs. Money 2. It has really made me think about motives and the nature of relationships between men and women. For most it is a war of the worlds. There is an innate desire to be financially stable as well as to be loved. A woman who uses money as a defining criteria within a relationship is automatically given the title gold digger, and I can't say this is necessarily fair. As a woman, I want to feel as though the man I'm with can take care of me even though I don't necessarily need him to. The ability to do so if need be is the security that I know some women seek. Now please don't get it twisted. I CAN provide for myself. Ms. Independent, She got her own, and all that good stuff, BUT I still need someone that's doing the same or even better than me because if I settle for a man who isn't in pursuit of success and financial gains we don't want the same things. I'm trying to do better and better in my life and I just need someone who's doing the same and I hate to be blunt but the ambitious, hard-working, driven type of man usually ain't the broke one. I'm just sayin. Don't get me wrong...money and success should never be the grounds upon which we base a relationship, but it doesn't make you a gold digger if it's factored into the decision. Dream's song addresses another issue: the fact that love didn't exist in a relationship and someone attempts to fix the problem with money. That's a much bigger issue. But just because a woman seeks a man with financial stability does not make her a gold digger...It makes her smart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment