j'adore fabulosity

Fabulous is as Fabulous Does

Fabulous is...

Personal. Fabulousness is being unique and individual and not giving two cares about what anyone else thinks or feels about who you are. Being fab is more than just what you where or how you look. It transcends the physical and consists of completeness: not only looking great, but also feeling great and being great. Being fabulous is about swag. Crazy swag. You have it or you don't.

...As Fabulous Does

"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left" -Marilyn Monroe

It's Only a Test

In the midst of the storm it is often so hard to see the purpose in your suffering. It's hard to fully understand your place. It's even harder to focus on the greater cause. I am a firm believer that to those who much is given, much is required, so with this responsibility comes pain and long-suffering. At times some of us are better at disguising our pain and our suffering than others, but it is still there. Myself, I choose to struggle in silence. I put on my game face and go out into the world and smile and pretend that every thing's all good; I was told to never let anyone see you in pain because it affords them the ability to use that weakness against you. But often times it's not that simple. I find myself in situations that push me to the limits of what I believe I can tolerate, only to realize I am stronger than I originally thought. Sometimes succumb with hopelessness and helplessness, it seems impossible to continue. Then I remember something my very wise grandmother told me, It's only a test.

My Grandmother!!! So Fab!!!

Everything that we go through serves a greater purpose in our lives. Weather it's teaching us a necessary lesson or preparing us for people we will experience in the future, each happening is of importance. I know personally that it is so easy to become discouraged and want to give up, but by doing so we do ourselves a major disservice: we loose the valuable things we could become and opportunities for self-improvement. This might not resonate with some of you who have never really been through anything in life, but for those of you who have, remember your struggle is not in vain. I'm in the midst of my storm and I had to learn to be okay with that. It causes discomfort, but I have to lean into that discomfort in order to press into my future. I'm waiting for my breakthrough. I know it's on the way. Like me, some of you are being tested, being shaped, being molded in something so much better and so far greater that what you are now you will look back and not be able to recognize who you were, and that's a good thing.

It wouldn't be right if I didn't quote Kanye, "Na, na, now that that don't kill me, can only make me stronger." Just know, suffering is important to having a meaningful experience here on this Earth. The more isolated you feel the closer you are to your change. The more hurt and anguish you experience, the better you are becoming. Do not be discouraged, yet appreciate your current state. Even though you might not be able to see it, remember that the light is still at the end of the tunnel. Always remember, it's only a test so push through the pain, and I promise you will be better for it in the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment